Dr. Talbert graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in Microbiology from Mississippi State University in 2006 and completed her four year Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the University of Alabama School of Dentistry in 2010. She remained in Birmingham to complete three years of specialty education in orthodontics and to obtain her post-doctoral Master of Science degree.
Dr. Talbert and her husband, John Talbert, have been married for 13 years and have two wonderful daughters. In her spare time, she enjoys cooking, reading, and singing with her husband.
Dr. Talbert has successfully completed Phase I and II of the American Board of Orthodontics exam. The ABO is the only orthodontic specialty board recognized by the American Dental Association and sponsored by the American Association of Orthodontists.
She is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists, the American Dental Association, the Southern Association of Orthodontists, the Alabama Dental Association, the Alabama Alumni Association, and the South Baldwin Dental Study Club. Dr. Talbert enjoys staying abreast of the latest techniques in orthodontics.
• Undergraduate from Mississippi State University
• Doctor of Dental Medicine from the University of Alabama at Birmingham
• Master of Science degree from University of Alabama at Birmingham
• Completed residency in orthodontics at University of Alabama at Birmingham
• Inducted into Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s oldest academic society
• Inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon dental honor fraternity
• Received the Leon M. Schneyer Award for the highest scholastic achievement in the Basic Sciences
• American Association of Orthodontists
• Southern Association of Orthodontists
• Alabama Association of Orthodontists
• American Dental Association
• Alabama Dental Association